The Secret Place in Madrid No One Told You About – Shhhh!

Check out the best Hotels in Madrid!!

I’m sure by now you already know I love Spain. Yes, I can’t deny! The more I travel the more I like it — you could say I’m addicted to it! This is why I have moved to Madrid, one of the most open and welcoming cities I have ever been to.

DSC00440

DSC00398

It’s funny, I moved here and it was only by accident that I bumped into what has become my favorite spot. I was lost so I decided to take a shortcut and, there it was!

DSC00434

DSC00426

Can you guess it? EL RETIRO!

Now, I know you know El Retiro very well. This is no secret. Still, people see the pond and the Crystal palace — both wonderful sights — but forget to check the most incredibly nice and relaxing place of all: the Jardines de Cecilio Rodriguez!

DSC00393

DSC00458

There is something whimsical about this garden, but I’m not going to tell you what it is — this is the secret.

DSC00447

DSC00466

DSC00446

For this look, I wanted a winter-ish color palette that brings the European essence of Madrid back to life. I feel that Gucci’s Alessandro Michele is the best exponent of this trend so far. He rightly said, “I’m trying to follow my rules, not fashion rules.”

DSC00455

Check out the best Hotels in Madrid!!

What I Wore

Beret: Zara

Pair of earrings: Peora

Handbag: Carolina Herrera

Top: Zara

Pants: Zara

Pair of shoes: Zara

Pair of stockings: Primark

Until next time

XOXO

DSC00474

Advertisements

30 Comments Add yours

1. N says:

These pictures are so beautiful, I could just wear your pictures and feel pretty! 🙂

1. Hahaha!
      Thank you so much.
      Do wear it and send me pictures.
      Xx

1. N says:

hahahaha…Witty! I like you 🙂

2. Jim says:

Madrid is a wondrous place. love the pics. you look great in that outfit!

Liked by 1 person

3. Great to see you have made the move ! I hope you are very happy there, Madrid is truly beautiful x

Liked by 2 people

7. carolineontheglobe says:

I love Retiro. That`s my favourite place too. Such a magical experience 😀

8. Nice outfit – very trendy

9. Makeup and Education By Meg says:

Blog GOALS ❤

10. charlypriest says:

Glad you chose madrid instead of Catalonia, yo naci aqui. Disfruta tu estancia. El retiro….good memories I had my first kiss over there. Good old days.
    Vas muy fashion porcierto, colores vivos.

Liked by 1 person

11. Curious to hear more about moving to Madrid. I have thought of doing the same. Worry about the heat and the food and an insularity (people friendly to outsiders, but we’re still outsiders. Otherwise, I love the city! Where did you move from? Native Spanish speaker? Best, William Eaton, Montaigbakhtinian.com

Liked by 1 person

12. Oh wow, this is a beautiful place!

Liked by 1 person

1. It’s more beautiful in person, I hope in near future you get chance to visit.
      Xx