The Elegance of a Sunset from the Roofs of Seville

After Málaga, Granada and Cordoba, we are en-route to Seville, the capital of Andalucia and a mandatory visit if you are in Spain.

Booking a hotel this summer? Click here for 15€ off

Andalucia has a special flavour but Seville is, no doubt, the epitome of Spanish elegance, colourful sights and beauty. I’m not surprised it’s one of Tripadvisor’s Traveller’s Choice for 2017.

We usually like to get lost exploring the narrow streets of the places we visit, but Seville is a little bigger and has so much to offer that we decided to book a guided tour. We kind of run away from massification or over-touristy places, so we asked our Sevillian friend, Jaime, for his recommendation:

Rooftop Tour in Seville

DSC00150

img_0654r
Credit: David Martin @ Andalucía Experiencias

This seemed ideal because it starts at 8 pm, when the sun is not so strong and Seville becomes cooler.

DSC00128

DSC00139

I am so glad we went for it because some places in Sevilla are not that obvious for tourists. Without it, we would have missed beautiful spots with outstanding views over the orange, purple and blue skies of the Sevillian sunset.

IMG_3568
Credit: David Martin @ Andalucía Experiencias

DSC00105

DSC00107

Our guide, David, was very friendly, portraying Souther-Spain hospitality at all times. He made us feel comfortable throughout the tour. What’s best, he is also a passionate photographer so some of the pictures you see in this post are actually his!

DSC00123

DSC00117

He explained History of Seville for Dummies, which is what we are when it comes to history. This region has such rich heritage and he explained it so clearly that it actually made us want to know more, so there he was to answer our questions 🙂

DSC00112

DSC00156

If you are coming to Seville and want to live this experience by yourself, take a look at Andalucia Experiencias website. They do this tour in many languages, including English, Spanish, French and Italian.

DSC00131

DSC00115

DSC00092

Must-see in Seville

Sevilla is a vibrant city that will charm you. You will never want to leave, but if you have to, these are the spots you MUST visit no matter what:

1. Visiting Plaza España and Parque Maria Luisa

Liked by 2 people

1. Thank you, I’m glad you liked it 😇

2. da-AL says:

was just about to write the exact same thing, Dream – great post, Stitch 🙂

1. Thank you so much 😊

Liked by 1 person

2. I love the photos; the colors seemed superbly vibrant and bright. Did you do anything to make the colors stand out more, or is that just how they look in Seville?

Liked by 2 people

1. Yes Seville is colourful, but I definitely did little editing 😇
      I’m glad you liked them 😊
      Xx

Liked by 2 people

3. Patty says:

Beautiful! ❤

Liked by 2 people

4. csorat says:

Beautiful photos. 😊

5. Jan says:

Seville is breathtaking … the colors are alive … the reflection pool shots are wonderful … but how in the world did you tour in those high shoes ! !?! But seriously, you were stunning as always. Thank you for sharing the great trip tips. Jan

Liked by 1 person

1. Yes Jan, Seville is beautiful! To be honest those are the most comfortable pair of heels I’ve got.
      And again thank you so much for wonderful comment, I’m glad you liked the post 😊
      Xx

1. Jan says:

I’m glad the heels were comfortable. : )
      I forgot to say the picture of you with the fan was lovely. Jan

1. Thank you Jan
        Have a good day ahead, I hope you like my future posts too 🙂
        Xx

6. Michaela says:

Some of the photos are really beautiful! The rooftop tour must have been amazing 🙂

1. Thank you 😊
      Yes rooftop tour was AMAZING and I believe it’s best way to see Seville.
      Xx

1. Grandtrines says:

You are welcome!

7. Christy B says:

That skirt is fabulous! 🙂

8. Staci Troilo says:

Breathtaking. I always wanted to see Italy, Scotland, and Ireland. I’m now adding Spain to my list of must-see European countries.

Liked by 1 person

1. Yes, Staci you should definitely visit Spain it’s beautiful country.
      ciao
      xx

9. Love your hair! And those are some great rooftop images.

10. Jen says:

What beautiful pictures! I was fortunate many years ago to be able to travel in Granada and Seville, thank you for sharing your experience!

11. My Thoughts says:

Omg! In LOVE with the outfit🤗. The pictures are amazing.

Liked by 1 person

1. Awww! I’m glad you love it.
      Xx