Go mad in Madrid!

18120048_10155360519694301_2054069310_o

A few months back I left my job to take a 3-months break in Spain, leaving my Mumbai life temporarily behind. I am exploring España for its hidden gems, many of which don’t appear in travel guides (exciting!)

Booking a hotel this summer? Click here for 15€ off

Be prepared for jetlag and for sleeping like a baby upon arrival. After a typically Spanish breakfast, we head to El Retiro, Madrid:

It’s known as the green lungs of Madrid. It’s filled with fountains and commemorative monuments – it feels like an open-air museum.

The Parque del Buen Retiro, popularly known as “El Retiro”, is regarded as one of the main tourist attractions in the city centre. Its architectural sets date back to the of centuries XVII through XXI.

The highlights include:

• The Crystal Palace (must-see)
  • The Great Pond (must-see)
  • The Parterre
  • The Puerta de Philippe IV
  • The Royal Astronomical Observatory and
  • The source of the Artichoke.
  • The Real jardín Botánico (must-see)
  • The peacock Garden
  • The Queen’s Rosaleda (Rose Garden)

18175669_10155361425104301_414082439_o-001

The Rosaleda rose garden stands in the Fountain of the Fallen Angel, erected in 1922, whose main sculpture El Angel Caído (at the top) is a work by Ricardo Bellver  inspired by a passage from John Milton‘s Paradise Lost,[3] which represents Lucifer falling from Heaven. It is claimed that this statue is the only known public monument of Satan.

18175534_10155361418164301_714703978_o-001

We tried “Follow me to” ( A popular Instagram Account By Murad Osmann and his beautiful wife Natalia Osamann.)

18175425_10155361425189301_1339839688_o-001

This Garden is highly recommended as it’s full of surprises and so beautiful.

18159327_10155361418044301_194855332_o-001

The Palacio de Cristal (“Crystal Palace“), a glass pavilion inspired by The Crystal Palace in London, undoubtedly the gardens’ most extraordinary building designed by architect Ricardo Velázquez Bosco. Built along with its artificial pond in 1887 for the Philippine Islands Exhibitions, the Palacio de Cristal was first used to display flower species.

18159996_10155361424079301_1925412441_o-002

The landscape-style gardens located in the former “Campo Grande” are also a reminder of the international exhibitions that have taken place here in the past.

18159235_10155361419354301_847125164_o

There are now art galleries in the Crystal Palace, Palacio de Velázquez, and Casa de Vacas.

18160132_10155361423969301_583599221_o-001

In the Retiro Park is also the Forest of Remembrance (Bosque del recuerdo), a memorial monument to commemorate the 191 victims of the 11 March 2004 Madrid attacks.

IMG_0693

The Great Pond, is again a briliant part of garden, you spend some time chilling boating around the pond.

The rent of the boat 6 € (6 euros )

18452243_10210458711057497_792904137_o-001

This Part of garden just took my breath away, it’s the garden full of peacocks

18159505_10155361417494301_1679479731_o-002

Adiós but let me tell you this, a day isn’t enough for this park 🙂

Day 2 Is Coming up 😉

18176213_10155361416609301_2050809063_o-001

What I Wore

Tie-Dye Dress: SR Store

Denim Jacket: Veromoda

Hat: SELECTED FEMME

Pair of shoes: Charles and Kieth

Wrist watch: Michael Kors

Until next time

XOXO

Advertisements

43 Comments Add yours

1. I wish we had more gardens where I live. There are a couple of really nice ones that I can think of as a day trip. I may have to plan another visit. You’ve put me in the mood for beautiful gardens.

Liked by 3 people

1. Aww I’m glad you like it, i hope you visit garden soon xx

2. quiall says:

These are beautiful pictures!

Liked by 3 people

3. M. L. Kappa says:

Hi, and thanks for the follow! Will browse your blog too. 🌺🌺

Liked by 4 people

1. Hope you like it 🙂

4. Ipuna Black says:

Gorgeous pictures! I used to live in Madrid when I was 4 years old. That was a long time ago. I don’t remember much except I loved their bread and ice cream.

Liked by 4 people

1. I’m glad you like them, may be my post might gave you nostalgic vibe 😇

1. Ipuna Black says:

They sure did!

5. neha98blog says:

The pictures are so breathtaking,and specially the peacock,Madrid is a paradise filled with sunlit delight.

Liked by 4 people

1. wow, I’m so happy to hear that 🙂

6. Jirah Merizz says:

Lovely lovely pictures!!!! 💗

Liked by 3 people

1. Thank you again 😇

Liked by 1 person

7. lifeintrips says:

Loved all your poses in the picture…

Liked by 3 people

8. noelleg44 says:

Loved this – you have an eye for color and drama! More trips please. Thanks for following my blog – I am very appreciative. I am off on my own adventure soon and will be blogging about the travel myself!

Liked by 3 people

1. Thank so much for your kind words 🙂
      Yes I would love read about your travel stories (can’t wait)
      Bon voyage
      Xx

Liked by 2 people

9. Stunning pictures and the details. Did you went to the oldest restaurant in the world ‘ Botin’ 😊

Liked by 3 people

1. Thank you 😊
      No I haven’t 😦
      But you can suggest some places like botin.

1. Sure I will.. 😊

Liked by 1 person

10. Madrid is beautiful, I spent a weekend there when we lived in Spain but it wasn’t nearly enough time to explore. Your photos capture it so well.

Liked by 3 people

11. You are one lucky lady, exploring new places and seeing new things. Thanks for following Oh, the Places We See. And thanks for traveling with us!

Liked by 3 people

12. Herman says:

Hi there. Thank you for visiting and following HoB. Much appreciated!

Liked by 3 people

1. You’re welcome 🌞

13. jmsabbagh says:

Exceptional blog .Thank you for following my blog ,Best regards

Liked by 3 people

14. Called by to leave my thanks for your recent decision to follow Learning from Dogs. Thank you!

Liked by 3 people

15. da-AL says:

gorgeous you & your post! any tips for packing for travel?

Liked by 1 person

1. Hola!
      As you suggested I think I’ll post the blog on travel packing tips, what say?

1. da-AL says:

would love that – pls let me know so I don’t miss 🙂

16. Soul Gifts says:

Armchair travelling is noce – I get to see places I haven’t been to and probably never will 🙂

Liked by 2 people

17. love this post!! never knew about the rose garden! excited to explore retiro more 😍

18. -Eugenia says:

Beautiful photos and thank you for following BrewNSpew.

Liked by 1 person

19. Vashti Q says:

Hi! You have a great blog. I loved the pictures and your outfit! I’ve been to Spain and loved it! Thanks for following my blog, I am now following yours as well. 😀

1. Thank you 😊
      I hope my blogs make you visit Spain again 😂
      You’re welcome 😊

1. Vashti Q says:

I’ve gone twice and plan to go again. I love it! Your blog does inspire people to go too. 😀 xx

20. Ruthie Rose says:

What an awesome blog! x Love it 🙂

1. Thank you 😊
      So happy to hear that 😇

Liked by 1 person

21. Nemee says:

I was just in Madrid! El Retiro is gorgeous and massive, and easily my favourite park out of all the ones I’ve visited and it easily trumps Central Park for me. For a couple hole-in-the-wall places try La Fugitiva Coffee Shop (on Saturday nights they have live music and the owner is an awesome Cuban guy) and Los Coloures is a Senegalese restaurant in Lavapies (mafe I think it’s called, number 4 on their menu is my favourite, a lamb curry served over rice). There’s also an awesome cafe in Salamanca called Il Tavolo Verde you might like – there’s pictures on my post here https://eatpraynemee.wordpress.com/2017/07/28/reflections-part-iii/

Have fun!

Liked by 1 person

22. I just returned from Spain for the third time and am already planning the next trip! I adore El Retiro, so beautiful in summer! Great post gal! x

Liked by 1 person